Wednesday 18 April 2012

Reboot

Just writing a quick line to say that after a short hiatus, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things here. Temporary loss of hearing took some of the pleasure out of singing for a while, but I've recovered and just enjoyed a great couple of weeks in Liverpool getting my voice back, singing at the Ellesmere Port Shanty Festival and at the singarounds in St. Stephens, the Lion Tavern, and the Derby Arms (Aughton). So I'm very excited to start up my project here again; I plan on posting song number 45 this Friday.

Sadly, a year has now passed since I started, so I haven't reached my target of singing a song a week for a year, but these things happen; and at least this means that I can free myself of the artificial restriction of singing only 52 songs! I now plan on carrying this project through to 60 songs. Which means you'll be stuck with me for a bit longer...

4 comments:

  1. Good luck - no idea where you get them all from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back; it was good to see you at Ellesmere Port. That's a good idea to keep the project going until you run out of Liverpool songs - could take a while!
    Cheers, Matthew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good luck and the welcome back! I still have a few more to do, and I was going to have to make hard decisions if I restricted myself to just the 52, so this gives me a bit of breathing space to keep going with other interesting songs I find.

      One thing I would like to do is include more of the children's songs from You Know Me Anty Nelly (I always see them come up in the Roud Folksong Index searches, and the titles look so inviting), although with most of them it's hard to figure out tunes...

      Delete
  3. I agree that it would be exciting and worthwhile for you (only if you fancy it, of course!) to continue dedicating yourself to "Liverpool" songs, regardless of the number and timing.
    Ranzo :{

    ReplyDelete